The Minnesota Department for Human services has a set of requirements for PCAs to ensure that they:
- Is not on the OIG Exclusions list
- Is not on the Individual MHCP Excluded Provider Lists
- Has successfully completed the Individual Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Training as applicable
- Has passed the background study, or received a set aside, under the facility ID of the agency requesting affiliation
- Is working for only one agency if under 18 years of age
from the Minnesota Department of Human Services.